Damaged and weak teeth can be an immense source of discomfort and trouble for any person, meddling with their life routines. Two effective methods to treat such teeth are Dental Inlays restoration and Onlays restoration. Both ways differ based on the placement of porcelain restoration. Usually, the procedures have long-lasting effects and can offer a permanent source of relief for most dental patients. Being the best Dental Clinic in Lara for Inlays Restoration, we have compiled a complete guide about both procedures, including:
- Details and Difference Between Inlays Restoration and Onlays Restoration
- Benefits of Onlay Restoration and Inlay Restoration
- Inlays Restoration Cost/ Onlays Restoration Costs in Australia
- Who Should I Visit for Porcelain Inlays/ Onlays Restoration?
Details and Difference Between Dental Inlays Restoration and Onlays Restoration
In Inlays Restoration, the porcelain is placed between chewing surfaces or cusps of teeth to help treat the damage the teeth have sustained. On the other hand, in onlays restoration, the same porcelain is placed on a single or multiple cusps. Both methods strengthen the teeth and can have long-lasting positive effects on your oral health.
The procedure for Inlays Restoration and Onlays Restoration is as follows:
- The decayed area is assessed by your dentist, determining whether porcelain restoration procedures are suitable. Such restoration procedures can not be used if the tooth is extensively damaged or decayed.
- Next, the decay site is numbed using local anaesthetics.
- The dentist will remove any bacteria or debris from the tooth using specialised equipment and solutions. During the same process, the prior filling is also removed.
- After that, the tooth is shaped for the new filling and moulded to guide the inlay/ onlays restoration. Usually, the patient receives a temporary restoration until the onlays/ inlays restoration is ready.
Benefits of Onlay Restoration and Inlay Restoration
Both methods have considerable benefits over regular fillings, including:
- Inlays Restoration/ Onlays Restoration matches your teeth’ natural look. Thus, it is hard to tell if any procedure has been performed. Most people prefer the method to maintain their natural beauty.
- The material is stain-resistant, removing the need for replacements due to color fading every few months.
- Onlays/ Inlays restoration methods are highly durable, offering greater longevity than most other dental treatment methods.
- The teeth structure is strengthened, and nearby teeth are protected from decay.
- The method helps to avoid complete teeth loss in cases where the damaged teeth are still restorable.
Inlays Restoration Cost/ Onlays Restoration Costs in Australia
Inlays Restoration Costs can vary based on the location, teeth condition, the number of teeth that require restoration, and the professional skills of the dentist. Usually, both procedures cost between 800-1500 AUD per tooth surface that needs restoration.
However, it must be noted that onlays restoration costs can vary drastically based on your dentist’s fee. Some dentists charge a small fee for the procedure, while others may charge a high sum for a more modern method to complete the restoration.
Who Should I Visit for Porcelain Inlays/ Onlays Restoration?
Dazzling Smiles Dental Lara, one of the best dental clinic for Inlays Restoration/ Onlays Restoration has developed a reputation through its high-quality services and a prime focus on customer satisfaction. All our dentists in Lara are experienced professionals with a deep insight into different oral illnesses and conditions. As such, we can offer you the best services at the most economical rates.