General check up and preventative dentistry
A good oral hygiene routine is vital for keeping teeth clean and healthy. At Dazzling Smiles Dental Lara , we suggest 3 vital aspects to a well rounded oral hygiene routine.
- Brushing twice per day
- Flossing at least once per day
- Visiting the Dentist every 6 months for a professional clean and comprehensive exam
The term comprehensive exam is also known as a ‘General Dental Check up and clean’ which our team provides to many loyal patients on a daily basis.
What is Included in a Dental Check Up in Lara?
- Recap and inquire about your general health, medications, allergies and if there have been any
concerns regarding your oral health.
- Conduct an Extraoral Examination to assess the lips, TMJ, cheeks, head and neck.
- Conduct an Intraoral Examination to assess the soft tissues inside your mouth such as the
tongue, floor or mouth, gums and inside of the cheeks. We will then examine the teeth.
- Any x-rays that may be required will be taken at this time.
- Once the exam and x-rays are complete, your dentist will commence a thorough and
professional Dental cleaning which is also known as scaling. This helps to remove the plaque
build up known as tartar.
- After scaling, a slow speed fluoride polish is coated onto your teeth to give them an extra shine
and remove any additional bacteria and stains.
- Finally, we will advise you on oral hygiene techniques, diet and lifestyle changes that will help keep your mouth healthy for years to come.
The team at Dazzling Smiles Dental Lara are dedicated to helping people of all ages improve their oral hygiene for the long-term benefit of their oral and overall health.
In addition to brushing your teeth twice a day and flossing regularly, arranging a dental check-up
every 6 months should be an essential part of your oral hygiene care.
Regular dental check-ups not only help maintain your oral health but allow dentists to catch dental problems early on and prevent major complications from developing.