A dental crown refers to a ceramic or porcelain-based false tooth that replaces the original tooth that has been immensely damaged or decayed. In most cases, patients seeking a missing tooth fix can get a custom-made dental crown suited to their requirements. As such, the texture and colour can match the rest of the teeth and give your face a natural look after the replacement.
Importance of Dental crowns
A dental crown plays an extremely important role in the restoration of teeth that are in bad condition. It is effective, reliable and most importantly, durable. An individual may require a dental crown for any number of reasons including to:
- Protect weak teeth and prevent tooth cracks
- Cap decayed or damaged teeth.
- Improve severely discoloured or stained teeth.
- Hold together or support cracked or broken teeth.
- Hold dental bridges in place.
- Cover a dental implant.
- Restore strength to teeth that have undergone root canal treatment.
What is a Dental Bridge?
A dental bridge is a missing tooth fix using a prosthetic appliance on the patient. Porcelain-based bridges are fused with metal to increase a tooth’s strength and chewing ability. Unlike crowns, a bridge is ideal if you have missing teeth
Importance of dental bridge
Dental bridges can restore missing teeth and improve the appearance of your smile. They can provide many benefits, including:
- Restoring a natural look to your mouth/smile
- Restoring the ability to speak normally, as missing teeth can impede proper enunciation
- Maintaining normal facial structure by preventing bone loss from the jaw at the site of the missing tooth/teeth
- Restoring the ability to chew food efficiently
- Preventing adjacent teeth from moving into the empty space